Monday, April 21, 2008

MINAPA ROTTI

My Mum used to make this recipe, when I was in schooling. And she used to make different varieties of rotties for us, like dibba rotti (only with urad daal), rotti mukka (with rice ravva, grated coconut and chaana dhaal) , thaati rotti (rice ravva and thati kaayalu) etc... If anybody wintrest to know that recipes means give a message to me, i will post for You.


You can use Idly ravva instead of rice ravva. Even we may prepare this recipe, when we are getting ready to office. Ofcourse we can make big one for all and cut it like cake. This is only for my Hubby, so i prepared small one.










Urad dhaal : 1 cup
Rice ravva : 1.5 cup
Oil : 1 tbsp
salt





  • Soak Urad daal in water for 6 hours and Grind this very fine with minimal some water (Like Idly dough).

  • Soak rice ravva in water for 2hours. Later Squeeze the excess water from rice ravva and mix into the urad dhaal dough with salt.This dough again soak overnight.

  • Heat a kadai/wok, Pour oil in that when heat the Pour dough and Cook covered in slow flame until you sniff the smell. It might be take 10 mints or more,that's depends on quantity. Turn around and let it cook for 5 mints in low heat.switch off the stove when it will come crispy golden brown colour.

Serve with Pudina chutney!

8 comments:

Sagari said...

This is a very newww recipe for me ,heard the name but never seen ,it looks delecious

Finla said...

Never had this.
Thankyou for visiting my place am on a break after that will come and visit you often

Siri said...

minapa rotti na favorite.. chala bagundi.. choosi, chesukuni chala rojulu ayyindi.. thanks for reminding me..:D

Siri

Jamie said...

That looks absolutely perfect!

Dhivya said...

wow!new to me!tempting me to try

Uma said...

minapa rotti looks delicious. first time here. you have so many andhra delicacies. Lovely blog.

Mee ghumaghumalu site kooda chusanu. chala bagundi.

Meera said...

That roti is delicious. Never had before. Thanks for sharing. I will try it soon.

Bhagyashri said...

This is new to me! But it looks great, will definitely try this.