Plain flour/ maida - 4 Cups
Suji ravva (optional) - 1/2 Cup
Ghee - 2 Tbsp
Oil for deep frying
Dry Coconut 2 Tbsp
Sesame seeds 2 Tbsp
Urda daal 2 Tbsp
Groundnut 2 Tbsp
Sugar 5 Tbsp
Cardamom 4 no.
- Mix all plain flour, suji, salt, ghee and enough water to make smooth and soft dough and keep it aside for 30 mints.
- Make small lime size balls from the dough. Roll them into thin pooris. Place 1 spoon of the prepared filling on one side of the poori and fold the other side over and press the ends together firmly. Make sure that the edge is closed firmly or the contents may spill off while frying.
- Heat oil and fry kajjikayalu two or three at a time till golden brown
Filling Preparation :
- Take a pan and dry roast the dry coconut, sesame, ground nut, Urad daal separately on low flame.
- Crush the groundnut and dry coconut in grinder . In the same grinder powder the sugar and cardamom, urad daal, sesame separately.
- Now mix all these powders into crushed groundnut and coconut . Now filling is ready.