In Australia, kebabs are very popular due to immigration from Greece, Turkey, former Yugoslavia, and Lebanon. Meat and chicken kebabs can be easily found in Sydney. They are commonly served with cheese and a salad consisting of lettuce, tomato, onion etc.
I made this kebab like indain version with chapati and Indian adapted chines dish Gobi Manchurian.
Wheat flour 1 cup
Cauliflower(cut into florets) - 2 cups
Plain flour/maida -2tbsp
Cornflour - 2tbsp
Thinly Chopped Ginger - 1 Tbsp
Thinly Chopped garlic - 2 Tbsp
Bell pepper(diced) - 1/2cup ( I used yellow and green)
Green chillies - 3 (chopped)
Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves 1/2 cup
Tomato sauce - 4tbsp
Soya sauce - 1tsp
Ajinomoto - 1 Tsp
Chopped lettuce - 1.5 cups
Oil - to deep fry
- Wash the cauliflower florets in water with a little salt.
- Make a slightly thick batter with cornflour, plain flour and cooking soda.
- Coat the florets with the batter and then deep fry until light brown. Drain and keep aside.
- In a separate pan heat 1 tbsp of oil on stove.
- Add chopped ginger,garlic, chilly and fry for 2 mints. Now add the chopped bell pepper for for another 5 mints
- Mix the ajinomato,tomato sauce and soya sauce with this, add the fried cauliflower florets and mix well and switch of the stove. Garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Next we have to prepare chapati with wheat flour.
- Mix flour,salt and water, making a dough. Knead for five minutes and keep aside 30 mints.
Heat a flat pan until smoking hot.
Roll out 1/2 a handful of dough into a flat round shape and put into pan, cooking for 1 minute either side. chapathi is ready
- Mix the cauliflower Manchurian and chopped lettuce f0r filling of chapati.
- Now fold the chapati like round packet and fill with gobi manchurian and lettuce.