Generally I used to cook mutton with potatoes. But I don't like to eat potatoes because potatoes have high fat content. For a Change I used carrot instead of potato .. surprisinglyyy!!!! carrot comes very... very... tasty., I couldn't believe this. This is quite different then normal one. I feel curry leaves play main role in this recipe.
2 Medium Onions
- Grind the Onion, garlic, ginger, curry leaves (curry leaves gives much tast to this curry, so no excuses to curry leaves) into past.
- Make into a powder cloves, coriander seeds, cardamom, dalchin chekka and poppy seeds and keep aside.
- Marinate the mutton along with salt, chilly powder, curd, onion and curry leaves past for 30 mints.
- Take this mutton in a dish which is suitable for cooker and keep it in cooker till done.
- Now in a wide skillet, heat oil add cooked mutton (at this stage don't add any water). cook 10 mints, then add chillies,spices and pappy seeds powder . Fry a while and then add the Tomato past and chopped carrot again fry for 2 mints then add salt, one cup water and remaining liquid from the cooked mutton.Cover the lid and cook until the curry become thick.