Wednesday, May 21, 2008

BADHUSHA


I presented two of south Indian Sweets last time. This time I want to introduce Andhra Badhusha which is most famous sweet as Bombay Badhusha. This dessert is fit for all occasion that I thought of presenting here......


Ingredients:


3 cup Maida / Plain flour

1/2 tsp baking powder

3/4 cup ghee

1 to 1.5 cups curd

Oil for deep fry


sugar syrup


5 cups sugar

2.5 cups water

3 cardamoms


Sieve maida in bowl, add soda and ghee and mix it well. Then add yogurt and make it into a spongy dough. (Do not put water, u should make it with curd). Covered it with a wet cloth for half an hour.


Meanwhile prepare sugar syrup. Put the 5 cups Sugar into a vessel, add 2.5cup water, keep stirring till Sugar dissolves, keep the syrup on the fire till it is two string consistency (Adhara style Badhusha need two string consistency) and crushed cardamoms


Make lemon size round balls with the dough and press with your thumb on the ball. do the same till all the dough is over, fry 4 – 5 of the Badhushas at a time on low flame till golden brown( I fried till dark brown, but you do correctly) on both sides.

Remove from the oil when it’s done and drop into warm sugar syrup.let them soak 15 mints.




19 comments:

Sum Raj said...

ur badhusha looks perfect ....its mouthwatering.....

Hetal said...

Hearing abt this sweet for the first time....looks nice.Would love to see u on my blog..

Sum Raj said...

theres a surprise for u..plzz check my blog

Nanditha Prabhu said...

i love badusha! it is similar to a sweet e call jambul , where we use rava instead of maida... your badusha looks great:)

FH said...

Loved this from Indian bakeries, looks yum!:)

Finla said...

I love this sweet.
My BIL is from Andhra and when ever he went back he brought this sweet.

Cham said...

I love only Badusha for mild taste! Came our so good your sweet :)

Uma said...

yummy badhusha! Thanks for the lovely recipe.

ST said...

Badhusha looks yummy and mouth watering.I love sweets very much.
Nice blog.Would love to see u on my blog..

Sagari said...

perfect badhusha ,looks yumm

Pravs said...

Thats a neat badhusha. Looks really good. Thanks for coming by.

Apple said...

Looks so delicious...Never tries Badusha at home...recipe sounds to be easy..'ll try it..thanks for sharing...
BTW thanks for visiting my blog..

Dori said...

Thanks for visiting me blog :) I've never had this but it looks and sounds good!

ranji said...

hey badusha looks wonderful!!i had prepared a aimilar sweet called jambul and ppl said it looked just like badusha and i hadnt seen or eaten 1 b4..now i know why they said that:)..i am sure this tastes as good as jambul:)

Swati Raman Garg said...

love badushahs.. too good urs look perfect...

Laavanya said...

Badushah looks good.. though I'm not a big fan of this sweet, i know many who absolutely love this.

test it comm said...

That looks good!

Devi Priya said...

Badhusha is one of my favs. My aunt makes it too. Will get the recipe from her and will add to my blog. With this post, now I have the urge to make badhusha and eat it. :-)

Mahimaa's kitchen said...

Badhusha looks yummmmm!! Thanks for visiting my site and leaving a comment!