There are hundreds of different recipes for fruit Cake, all with slight variations
on the same theme. In all cases is it a rich and little spicy cake crammed with sultanas, raisins, currants, Orange peel, etc.... mixed dry fruits.
This is a small treat for Christmas.
2 cups Mixed dry fruits
1 cup Plain flour
1 cup Self raising flour
1 cup Brown sugar
1/4 sp Nutmeg powder
1/4 sp Cloves powder
100 g Butter
1/2 sp Soda bicarbonate
1. Place the mixed dry fruits, brown sugar, nutmeg powder, cloves powder, butter and 1/2 cup
water in a large saucepan and bring to the boil for 5 mints in low flame. remove from heat and allow to cool.
2. Meanwhile lightly beaten the eggs.
3. Add the flours, soda bicarbonate and boiled dry fruit mixture to the beaten egg, mixing well.
4. Place mixture in a greased cake pan.
5. Bake in oven (at 200 degree c) for one hour or until skewer comes out clean.